Monday, June 20, 2011

I finally caught up!

I have a couple more pictures from the past few days, and then I'll be all caught up. The boyfriend brought a Macbook Pro today (with my convincing). He isn't the most technologically savvy person, so he'll probably only use it for his grad school homework, and then I can play on it :) That was just something eventful that happened over the weekend. On to the pictures! There is a haul, two combinations I loved, and two polishes I didn't enjoy very much.

Massive Essie nail lacquer and treatments haul. Plus Nic's Sticks and some OPI's. I believe that OPI has discontinued them. Trade Secret was selling every Essie product for $2 because they were discontinuing the line at their store. The OPI products were only $1 each. I took advantage of this sale, and everything here was about $60. It was worth the cashier looking at me like I was nuts. Plus Essies retail for $8 and the treatments were $15 regularly priced!

Essie Lacquered Up with an accent of Sally Hansen Antiqued Gold crackle overcoat.


This may be my favorite crackle combo yet! Essence Just Rock It! with China Glaze Crushed Candy on top. The Essence one I got at ULTA for around $1 and I only needed one coat of it. I just love how the crackle worked here.
Kleancolor Neon Purple. I am not a fan of this at all. I got it in a lot of polishes that I purchased from another blogger. It looked like it would be neat in the bottle, but the name "Neon Purple" doesn't exactly scream the color that it produces. Also, once I added the Seche Vite topcoat, it ended up looking really streaky. With the flash, you can see the redder tones separating it. Ugh. Excuse the umbrella in the background haha.

I just couldn't stand it the way it was so I added Out the Door Northern Lights holo top coat. It made it better, but you can still see the streakiness. I was in a hurry and didn't have time to do another color, so I left it like this. It also stayed tacky for a day an a half and it was really annoying. I have another Kleancolor that I haven't tried yet, so hopefully it produces better results.

It looks so much better without the flash.


OPI Alpine Snow Matte: I had this for a while and never tried it, so I figured I would today. It needed three coats to be opaque and it still looks really streaky and uneven. It was messy too. I love the matte look, but instead of buying this I wish I would have just put Essie Matte About You over the regular Alpine Snow. This also chipped right after I took the picture.

You can kind of see the texture of it. AND I discovered the close-up mode on my camera, so hopefully my pictures coming up will be of better quality!

No comments:

Post a Comment