Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Dark Green!

To keep in the spirit of St. Patrick's day, I wore a green that wasn't too terribly bright for the sake of being work-safe. China Glaze- Holly-Day is from the Let it Snow collection from the 2011 holiday. I really like this! I was lucky enough to find it on clearance at Sally's after the holidays. In the bottle, it doesn't look terribly unique, but it is unlike any other green I know.  This picture is without the flash.

Here it is without the flash. It's a very dark green creme, but you can actually tell that it's green. If there were a such thing as a "vampy green" this would be it! I'm a fan of OPI's Here Today, Aragon Tomorrow, but in most lightings, it looks almost black. The application for this was very smooth and it was opaque in two coats.

I'm going to wear green manis for the rest of the week! Does anybody know what they're wearing for St. Paddy's Day yet?

5 comments:

  1. I love this! I have NO idea what I'll wear for St. Patrick's Day! So many greens to choose from..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hear you! I still don't know haha. Green is the color that I most frequently buy.

      Delete
  2. Looks great on you! I'm leaning toward wearing Girly Bits Magically Delicious for St. Pat's but there are so many, many choices I'm considering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to get that shade! It's perfect for St. Paddy's day!

      Delete
  3. Good choice. I agree with any of the greens that look really deep so that in a lot of lighting they trend black - not good for St. Patty's day. I am leaning toward this shade or maybe Gaga for Green by CG (Electropop collection) and then getting out for just Sat. the green & silver glitter from the OPI Muppets Fresh Frog of Bel Aire. I only wore it 1 time - but want to try doing a gradient with it. So many really disliked the lack of opaqueness in the Muppets glitters. But for me, that helps as I don't always want a full opaque glitter or it's rough finish. I like my base shade to shine through. I thought if I DO end up going out for Sat - my nails certainly won't be missed with Fresh Frog on them! And well, that's just what we tend to do on St. Patty's day, goofy paper hats, green bow ties - cheap green beads left over from Marti Grais. The somewhat gaudy nails will fit in. I just took off my polish and yuck - been wearing a med navy blue and I am all stained UNDER my nails - not on them. I need to soak or keep using my under the nail cleaning tool and scraping. I got enough acetone under each to loosen it up. Least my nail beds are not stained.

    ReplyDelete