Monday, March 5, 2012

OPI Bring on the Bling and a Haul!


Today I'm wearing OPI- Bring on the Bling. This is from the Holiday 2010 Burlesque collection. This glitter is predominately gold, with some specks of green and red glitter. I love the Burlesque glitters. This is three coats, but they build so nicely. They can be used to layer over other colors or jelly sandwiches. This is the first time I've worn it by itself. 

Here it is without the flash. Glitter overload! I will be using the aluminum foil removal method for this for sure!

I went to the mall this weekend. I haven't purchased nail polish for about two weeks. My fiance and I are trying to save up to move to a bigger apartment. I definitely made up for not buying nail polish the past couple weeks with my mall haul.

I seriously haven't set foot in a Claire's since I was a teenager, but I heard that they were coming out with some interesting polishes lately. I purchased two mood polishes: Lonely/Loved, and Happy/Earthy. I also was intrigued by the look of I Luv the 80s (Which had neon yellow, pink, purple, and green in it, but got shaken up a bit on the way home so the yellow and pink mixed to be orange). I also found Candy Shop, which pretty much looks like a dead on dupe for Deborah Lippmann's Candy Shop. Claire's even used the same name! They have balls! I'm thrilled I don't have to spend the money for Lippmann's Candy Shop. The Claire's polishes were $5 each, and they were having a buy one get one half off sale.
I couldn't wait to try I Luv the 80s. This is how it turned out. I removed it quickly after. It was pretty on the thumb, but I wasn't really impressed with the rest of my fingers. From what I've read about these, they don't really start looking interesting until they're used up a bit. (That may be unrealistic with how many bottles of nail polish I own). I'm sure I'll revisit this. It needs multiple coats too. This picture only shows one. I'm not quite sure how the coats would look layered over one another. It also quickly dried to a satin-like finish because the colors are neon.


I then went to JC Penny's. They had a sale on OPI so if you buy 2 or more OPI lacquers, they are $6 each! I picked up some from the Holland Spring 2012 collection. Here I have: Pedal Faster Suzi!, Thanks a Windmillion, I Have a Herring Problem, and Vampsterdam.

Did Ya 'Ear about Van Gogh?, Gouda Gouda Two Shoes, and I Don't Give a Rotterdam!

I can't wait to try these out! I really wasn't in much of a rush to buy this collection just because the OPI Spring and Fall collections are usually more readily available and tend to stick around for longer than the promotional collections such as Nicki Minaj, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc. I still want to get Wooden Shoe Like to Know? but JC Penny's was out of it at the moment. 

Tomorrow I start my first day at my new job in addition to substitute teaching. (I nailed that job interview I had a couple weeks ago!). I may start wearing "safe" colors for a little bit until I get a better idea about the dress code.  Wish me luck!

6 comments:

  1. I already have most of the Burlesque glitters, but I want Bring on the Bling. It's really pretty. Great haul! I need to go to Claire's to pick up Candy Shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised that my Claire's had so many bottles of Candy Shop. I didn't think I'd be able to find it that easily. I've seen Bring on the Bling on ebay for $12 or less, so definitely get it before it becomes too difficult to find.

      Delete
  2. omggg bring on the bling!! AMAZINGGG!!! and I've been dying to see a swatch of that layered neon from claire's..how intriguing. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was a little bit disappointed with the layered Claire's polish. It was really pretty in the bottle. I hope it looks better with more uses eventually. I hate how the yellow and pink mixed to orange, and I usually avoid wearing oranges because I feel like they don't complement my skin tone very well.

      Delete
  3. You got a great deal at Penny's on those OPI's! Only one I don't like is Vampsterdam - it's just too dark and the good stuff in it gets lost. Plus I have other purple/black polishes.

    You were lucky to get Bring on the Bling - that and one other of the glitters and Let Me Entertain You are the ones from the Burlesque collection that are going up and up in price fastest on the secondary market.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an awesome deal! With how the lady at Penny's was speaking, she said that they've lowered prices, it kind of leads me to believe that OPI may always be $6 after purchasing 2 or more. I hope so, but it sounds too good it be true. Usually my Penny's doesn't have the same selection as ULTA, and all of the Trade Secrets near me went out of business. If these prices will always be around, I'll definitely have to go to Penny's to get the Spring and Fall OPI collections.

      I love the Burlesque collection! I have every shade from it except Let Me Entertain You. The glitters build so nicely and I definitely prefer them over the Muppets glitters when it comes to wearing them alone.

      Delete