Tuesday, January 31, 2012

China Glaze Skyscraper

I have been wearing a lot of glitters lately! This is China Glaze Skyscraper from the Fall 2011 Metro collection. It is a sheer navy jelly with very tiny pieces of silver glitter. This took three coats to be opaque. The first coat was very sheer. The glitter makes it look like it would be gritty, but the finish is very smooth. It looks like I won't need to use the foil method to remove this one. I had to use it for the past two manis I did using the Funky Fingers glitters, so that can't be good for my skin. This polish also has an interesting effect. The sheer blue jelly coats the silver glitter from previous coats making it appear to be blue. It looks like it has a combination of silver and blue glitter!

Here it is without the flash. It reminds me of a night sky with stars. I have come to terms that I probably won't ever possess Essie Starry Starry Night, so this polish fills that void.

I went to 5Below on Friday and purchased these: Sally Hansen Resolution, Blue-Away, Rockstar Pink, Funky Fingers- Guitar Solo, and Fresh Paint- Blue Steel.....

And yes, this is what I thought of when I saw the polish was named Blue Steel. I knew then that I had to buy it.

5 comments:

  1. I love Skyscraper! It's an amazing and beautiful color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skyscraper looks amazing! I need to pull it out of my untried drawer and wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ended up liking it a lot! I couldn't believe how sheer it was after the first coat because it definitely didn't look like that in the bottle. Removal wasn't too bad either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was the first bottle in the Metro collection I knew I had to have. I totally love dusty blues. Was not sure it being a glitter if I would still like it - but ended up I did and do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love glitters, but this one was a bit different. The silver glitter particles in it were so tiny so it had a nice smooth finish to it.

    ReplyDelete