Sunday, January 8, 2012

Red Manis and a Haul!

This is OPI Speak for Your Elf. This was one of the three holiday ULTA exclusive shades for this year. This was VERY hard to photograph. It was very similar to China Glaze Ruby Pumps. I have also heard that it is similar to the discontinued OPI Smitten with Mittens. It is a red jelly with tiny particles of red glitter. This picture does not do it justice. The bottle is more accurate to how the color actually looks.

Essie Wicked is a great vampy shade. It's like a redder sister to OPI Lincoln Park after Dark. This had a jelly-like consistency and it applied very streaky and unevenly. Even with three coats you can still see some streaks. This is after two days of wear. In low-lighting, this shade looks almost black.

I was then lucky enough to stumble upon the Finger Paints Flakie Special Effects collection at Sallys. I purchased four out of the five shades. I figured since I already was wearing a darker color, I would add a flakie topcoat. (Plus I couldn't wait to try these out!) This is Finger Paints Flashy (2 coats) over Essie Wicked with the flash. I have a feeling that flakies will be the trend of 2011 just like crackle was last year. I'm eagerly awaiting Zoya's Fleck Effects collection also.

This is really cool! The reddish orange flakies shift to yellow green! I'm so glad I could capture this in a picture! You can tell that I wore this mani for 3+ days so it's wearing down. I don't want to remove the flakies though!

I thought I would upload a picture of my haul also. 
Top Row: Finger Paints: Flashy, Asylum, Motley, and Flecked. I just need Twisted! It was the only one Sally's didn't have! I'll keep looking though.
Bottom Row: ORLY- Le Chateau (I initially thought this was black and didn't buy it before, but after finding out that it's a really dark green, I can use it to layer flakies over!), China Glaze- Snowglobe and Twinkle Lights (I got these from eBay because I couldn't ever find them in the stores, and China Glaze Sun Worshiper and OPI Navy Shatter (both Christmas gifts from friends)

No comments:

Post a Comment