Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Red Glitter and Nicki Minaj Mini Haul

Here I have three coats of Essie Bold and Beautiful topped with one coat of OPI Gettin' Miss Piggy with It. Bold and Beautiful is from Essie's Winter 2008 collection and Gettin' Miss Piggy with It was just released recently for the Holiday 2011 Muppets Collection. Essie Bold and Beautiful I guess would be considered a creme, but the consistency was kind of thin and it was streaky after three coats. Because of this, I didn't even bother taking a picture of it by itself. Since this picture has the flash, the red in Bold and Beautiful shows up so much brighter than it actually is. The glitter actually gets lost in it. In person, the glitter really stands out against the dark red. 

Without the flash, the glitter is more evident and you can see how much darker Bold and Beautiful is. For some reason, my camera has difficulty capturing red glitters. This combination turned out to be wonderful, but it's a shame the pictures dont' do it justice. The different sizes of glitter really pop in real life. I like how Gettin' Miss Piggy with it has small red glitter particles and larger glitter particles of silver and red. The other Muppets collection glitters only have larger silver glitter particles in addition to the mini ones

I ended up taking another picture. It's a bit blurry, but at least the glitter shows up a little bit more.


I went to the grocery store by my house to pick up a prescription, and they had the OPI Nicki Minaj collection on display! A lot of it was picked over, but I was able to purchase Pink Friday, Did it on Em, Metallic 4 Life, and Super Bass Shatter. I had to laugh that the OPI logos on Pink Friday and Super Bass Shatter are partially scratched off. This is most likely because the grocery store isn't a licensed OPI retailer, but why did the logos only get scratched off on some of them? But for $7.50 each, I saved $1 on each of them rather than purchasing them at ULTA. Originally I wasn't going to purchase Pink Friday or Did it on Em because they looked very similar to OPI colors I already own, but I just caved in and bought them when I saw them in the store. I will most likely make a trip to ULTA in the near future to utilize my 20% off coupon and purchase Fly and Save Me. Also, has anyone seen the Zoya Fleck Effect collection at ULTA? I'd rather buy it at ULTA, utilize my coupon, and avoid paying the shipping costs. Plus I wouldn't have to wait for them to arrive in the mail!

2 comments:

  1. Nice combo on the red mani. Score with your trip to the grocery store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I stopped at ULTA and was able to find Fly, but they were all out of Save Me.

    ReplyDelete