Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Mani update

The past few days have been hectic. I just started my job as a substitute teacher, so I've been a bit busy. I have a couple manis to show you.
This is OPI Steady as She Rose (2 coats) under OPI Blue Shatter. The shatter looks so much brighter with the flash. Steady as She Rose is from OPI's Spring 2011 Pirates of the Caribbean collection. It is a beautiful pale pink creme.

Without the flash, the blue is more accurate.

Next I have ORLY- Oui (2 coats) from their 2011 Holiday Soiree collection. This finish is very similar to Zoya's Charla, Ivanka etc. I guess it would be considered a glass-fleck. For some reason, I hate the way these finishes show up with the flash. You can really see the purple in the base, but it looks sloppy and uneven. It applied nicely in two thick coats though. 

Without the flash, it looks so much better! This color is very similar to Zoya Faye, OPI Rally Pretty Pink, and OPI Congeniality is My Middle Name. In my collection, it isn't a very original color but I purchased it on clearance at Sally's for $2, so you can't beat that! I'm not sure if I would classify this as a purple or a pink because judging by both of the pictures with and without the flash, it can be both depending on the lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment