Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Navy Creme and White Glitter and Some Haulage!

I really wanted to try out OPI- Pirouette My Whistle over a darker shade. Here I'm wearing two coats of OPI Roadhouse Blues followed by two coats of Pirouette My Whistle. Roadhouse Blues is from the fall 2011 Touring America collection. It is a dark navy creme. The formula was really nice and it was practically a one-coater, but still had some bare spots with one coat. With the flash in this picture, you can see how blue it is.

Without the flash and in low-lighting it looks almost black. I LOVE Pirouette My Whistle. It has tiny pieces of silver glitter and large white holo glitter. The large holo glitter isn't exactly white, it's like a pearly light gray with a slight sheen to it. It's hard to describe. I love the look of it layered over a dark color. There are so many layering combinations with this one!

Now on to the hauls!!! (I haven't been very good the past week or so!)
Traci from the TracefacePhiles had a huge blog sale, and I was lucky enough to discover it when she just announced it. I got some goodies! Here's Icing- After Party, OPI- Sonic Bloom, OPI- Midnight Blue Glitter, and Sally Hansen- Night Lights

Also from that sale, I got Lacquistry- A Friggin Circus, Wet n Wild- Tangled in My Web, and Max Factor- Dazzling Blue. Dazzling Blue actually looks a lot like OPI- Sonic Bloom in the bottle! I'll have to test that out to see if they're dupes.

I lucked out and got some KBShimmer polishes when the Etsy store opened. Here's Shipwreck, Vegas Bomb, and Clown Puke. These look AMAZING!!

I went to Walgreen's to get some home essentials, and I ended up coming back with this. I got Essie- She's Picture Perfect because it was in the clearance bin for $4! I also figured I'd give Sally Hansen Cuticle Eraser + Balm a try since my cuticles have been pretty haggard lately. I finally caved in and got a Salon Express/Konad imitation kit. It looks interesting and I plan on trying stamping out in the near future when I'm settled with moving. I didn't expect the image plates to be so small. Are they usually that small?

No comments:

Post a Comment