Sunday, February 19, 2012

OPI- I'm an Aqua-holic

I purchased OPI- I'm an Aqua-holic last summer. It was part of an ULTA exclusive Shimmer into Summer collection. I have heard that the whole Shimmer into Summer collection are practically dupes for the Nicole by OPI Gossip Girl collection. This shade is a dupe for Nicole by OPI- Too Rich for You. I do not own the Gossip Girl collection, because I purchased these first, and although I love Gossip Girl, I can't find myself owning dead on dupes (although I've done it a couple times before with other shades, but not a whole collection.) This picture shows it without the flash.

 Here it is with the flash. The application on it was alright. This took three coats because the first coat was rather sheer. It is a very vibrant blue- I would consider it a foil- and it just screams summer. This year's Pittsburgh winter has been fairly mild.
I managed to get a picture of it in the sun while sitting in the car. This is terrible quality, but I still have an iPhone 3G, and the camera on it isn't the best. I've been due for an upgrade for a while and contemplated getting the 4S, but I just figured I would wait until the 5 is released around spring.

 I went to ULTA and purchased a small haul because I had a $3.50 off of $10 coupon. I saw that my ULTA had a few new Essence Colour & Go's, which is very rare because they usually have the same selection. I purchased Wanna be Your Sunshine, Gleam in Blue, and Hard to Resist. At $1 each, these are hard not to pass up! I'm excited that I finally caved in and bought a yellow shade. I have nearly 600 polishes in my stash, and the closest shade I had to yellow before this was probably China Glaze- Electric Pineapple! In some lighting, Hard to Resist shows up with a purple flash, and it looks like it can be a duochrome!
I also purchased OPI DS Extravagance and Save Me. I have wanted DS Extravagance for a while, but ULTA never had it in. They did today! Save Me was one of the shades from the Nicki Minaj collection that I wanted the most, and ULTA has been sold out of it also. When I went today, I got the last bottle left :)

I was also on the level 6 tier for my ULTA rewards card. I was able to select a fragrance up to $40 to get for free! I chose Britney Spears- Radiance. It was $39 for 1 ounce, and $50 for 1.7 ounce, nearly twice the volume, so I just paid the extra $10 to get the bigger one. I already own Britney Spears- Fantasy and this one smelled pretty good!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I wasn't expecting it to be that vibrant. It looked kind of dark in the bottle.

      Delete