Friday, February 24, 2012

Pink with Holo Polka Dots!

I thought I would try to do a mani with dots, since my dotting tools from eBay arrived recently. I used Nicole by OPI- In the Nic of Time (2 coats) and dotted it with Color Club- Worth the Risque. This picture is without the flash.
Here it is with the flash. In the Nic of Time is part of the Nic's Sticks line. It's pretty much nail polish in a pen. It's a shimmery pink coral. Color Club- Worth the Risque is a beautiful silver holo. It kind of reminds me of OPI DS Coronation but it looks much more holo. I have yet to wear it on its own. I love the look of holo polka dots. This combo kind of reminds me of Minnie Mouse.
Here is In the Nic of Time before applying the dots (pre clean-up). I believe the Nic's Sticks have been discontinued, but I picked up a few at Trade Secret a while ago on clearance for $1 each. I really like how convenient these are, but I would never pay full price for one. ( I think originally it was $7). There is only .135oz of polish in these. You would probably run of the polish in these after a couple uses. The color of this one wasn't terribly unique, it reminded me of OPI- Come to Poppy. It also applied slightly streaky because the brush constantly has to replenish with polish. 
I ordered from All that Glitters a couple weeks ago, and my package finally arrived! The colors are Very Peacockish, Plum and Plummer, and The Gold Rush. I originally ordered Very Peacockish and The Gold Rush, but Kirsten was still waiting on a shipment of bottles from her supplier, so she threw in Plum and Plummer because it took some time to fill the order. This was awesome! I did not mind the delay at all. I believe she has all of them in stock at the moment, so get them while you can! They're very reasonably priced. It's $8 for a .5 oz bottle!


Very Peacockish is gorgeous! I can't wait to try it! 

3 comments:

  1. I tagged you for the Liebster award! I'm glad I caught you before you hit 200 followers! I think you're great ;) The post is up on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also I can't wait to see your swatches of your new polishes, they look awesome!

      Delete
  2. You there, this is really good post here. Thanks for taking the time to post such valuable information. Quality content is what always gets the visitors coming. ice addiction treatment in Thailand

    ReplyDelete