In honor of Autism Awareness, I sported a blue mani for Monday and Tuesday. This is Barielle- Falling Star. This was part of the All Lacquered Up Collection of Fall 2009. I just love how pretty it is! It's a blue creme filled with copper glitter. At first I thought the glitter was pink but it's definitely copper. This is two coats. The formula is really thick for this one and somewhat difficult to work with- but the final result is worth it! I've seen many polishes attempt to have glitter suspended in them like this, and then the polish color "eats" or covers up all of the glitter! I love how the glitter remained visible in this one.
Here's a picture with the flash to show how vibrant that blue is! This is the second Barielle I've worn, and I'm loving this brand so far. They're relatively inexpensive on Trans Design.
Now some things about Autism!
First of all, Autism is very near and dear to my heart. I have a master's degree in special education and I have a passion for working with these kids. I recently got a job providing services to kids with autism in home and school settings. The kids are so sweet, and I absolutely love my job. Autism is increasingly becoming more prevalent and many believe that it is because we're more aware of the symptoms. Kids with autism need strong people to advocate for them! Here are the latest facts from Autism Speaks:
- Autism now affects 1 in 88 children and 1 in 54 boys
- Autism prevalence figures are growing
- More children will be diagnosed with autism this year than with AIDS, diabetes & cancer combined
- Autism is the fastest-growing serious developmental disability in the U.S.
- Autism costs the nation $126 billion per year
- Autism receives less than 5% of the research funding of many less prevalent childhood diseases
- Boys are four times more likely than girls to have autism
- There is no medical detection or cure for autism
For more information about Autism, visit: http://www.autismspeaks.org/what-autismhttp://www.autism
I was so happy to see that so many people painted their nails blue for this cause!