Sunday, April 15, 2012

Green and Purple Glitter Mani for the Weekend

Lately, I've noticed that my my recent manis are work-safe during the week, and then on the weekends I do something out of the ordinary. This weekend I combined OPI- Did it on 'Em and Funky Fingers- Purple Glitter Scales. I was really happy with purple glitter scales. The blue glitter scales I did a couple weeks ago were somewhat disappointing. I was expecting purple glitter scales to be much more subtle from the swatches I've seen of Nicole by OPI- Amethyst Texture (which looked similar to this one, and I wasn't impressed with it.) I feel that if you're going to wear a crackle polish, it might as well be bold. Funky Fingers is also less expensive than the Nicole by OPI (at $2.50 each). This is a great alternative to that, and it has more glitter! It crackled really well too even though I added thick coats.

Here is OPI- Did it on 'Em before I added Purple Scales. It's a yellow-green creme that was part of the Nicki Minaj collection released this January. At first I thought it would be like OPI- Who the Shrek are You?, but it was more yellow. This took three coats to completely get rid of all the bare spots. I don't own that many yellow-toned polishes, so this was unique for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment