Monday, April 2, 2012

Funky Fingers- Blue Glitter Scales


Here is an early blue mani that I did in honor of Autism Awareness. I wore this for Saturday and Sunday. I used Funky Fingers- Blue Glitter Scales layered over China Glaze- White Out. I thought the blue glitter crackle would resemble puzzle pieces somewhat. I'm not really a fan of the glitter crackles. They look much more opaque in the bottle and the crackle effect is much more subtle. I purchased them because they were unique. I chose white to layer it over because I felt that the crackle would be the most prominent. I applied Blue Glitter Scales pretty thickly to make it as opaque as possible. White Out was completely dry, but when Blue Glitter Scales cracked, it actually pulled apart the white base color making it look like there are bare spots. I just wasn't a fan of this mani. Funky Fingers is a really good brand for the price though. They are sold at 5Below. They usually retail for $5 for 3 regular polishes or 2 crackle polishes. I will be updating shortly with another Autism Awareness mani.

Here is China Glaze- White Out on it's own. This is pre clean-up. This took two thick coats to achieve opacity.


No comments:

Post a Comment