Thursday, April 19, 2012

China Glaze- Riveting and Mini Haul

I wore China Glaze- Riveting for the past couple days. It is from the recent Hunger Games collection. I'm actually not really a fan of oranges, but I love this one! It is one of the stars of the collection. It is more of a red-toned orange. The formula was amazing- it was practically a one-coater but I added two out of habit. It has glass flecks in it. The only downside (and it's not even polish related) is that people kept asking me if I was a fan of the Philadelphia Flyers because yesterday was game 4 between the Flyers and Pittsburgh Penguins. I hate the Flyers! (No offense to Philly fans). I'm a devout Penguins fan, but the timing I wore this mani was a little off. The Penguins won though :)
Here it is with the flash. You can see the orange of the glass flecks. I love this! It definitely reminds me of the girl on fire.
I got some nail mail yesterday. I placed an order with A-England when they had their 20% off sale. I wanted to try this brand for a while, but the polishes are so expensive when they're regular price. I purchased Princess Sabra, Ascalon, and Bridal Veil. All of these are holos and they look beautiful! I'm eager to try out Ascalon, because it looks like a duochrome and holo combined. It flashes from purple to green, but it's hard to capture. 

I'm really going to try to limit the polish I'm purchasing. I'm waiting on a few packages to arrive in the mail still. I have so many untrieds! 

5 comments:

  1. I love the look of A-England polishes but I totally agree with you they are quite dear without discounts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want Dragon and Saint George, but they were out of stock at the time of the sale. I better start saving up! I love these holos!

      Delete
  2. Riveting looks great on you! The more I see it, the more I feel like I need it in my life, even I'm so not an orange girl. Great haul, too! I love A-England.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Riveting is actually one of the last ones out of the Hunger Games collection that I've purchased. I didn't think I would like it just because of the orange, and I ended up loving it. I recommend it! I can't wait to try out the A-Englands :)

      Delete