Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Claire's- Candy Shop

I have a quick post today. If you noticed, I cut my nails off again. I wore Claire's Candy Shop over the weekend. Unfortunately it only lasted for 24 hours because it started chipping and peeling off. I was doing a lot of moving/cleaning, so I don't know if that has any correlation with it. This is an exact dupe to Deborah Lippmann's Candy Shop, and it's rather unbelievable that it has the same name. I wanted Deborah Lippmann's Candy Shop for a long time, but after this came out, that lemming was crushed (and it saved my wallet!). Candy Shop is pretty much your standard multicolored hex glitter with different sizes, only it's in a pink jelly base.This mani was beautiful while it lasted, but I just needed to do another mani because the chipping was so terrible. I'm only wearing two coats here. It built up very well. Now that I'm examining the image with the flash, I can see some bare spots. Oops!

4 comments:

  1. the nails look cute! and this is a beauty.. not sure how i've resisted so far, shame about the wear tho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a gorgeous shade. I just love the look of glitters suspended in a jelly. Hopefully whenever I wear it again, it won't chip as much. The chipping usually started when little pieces of glitter were sticking up.

      Delete
  2. Ooh I just got this and I really hope I have better luck with it lasting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping that it was just because I did a lot of cleaning. I may try to layer it over another shade sometime to see how that works.

      Delete