Thursday, December 6, 2012

OPI Sugarplum Yum Duo


I have some gems to showcase today! This is the OPI Sugarplum Yum duo. I know these were released in OPI's 2002 Holiday collection, but I do not know if they came in a set. Regardless, they look fantastic together! Prepare to see a ton of pictures because this polish looked different in various types of lighting.
The Sugarplum Yum glitter topper s a very tiny scattered holo glitter. I only used one coat of it because I didn't want to take away from the beauty of the base color.

The duochrome effect on the Sugarplum Yum basecoat is very strong! I don't even know how to describe the base color. It's like a lilac/blue/pink with some gold shimmer. It's probably one of the most intense duochromes I own. I don't even know if it's technically called a duochrome if it flashes more than two colors. Multichrome?

Here's what it looks like indoors with the flash. It's almost like it's an entirely different color. I don't think the Sugarplum Yum glitter was intended to be worn for opacity. It's more of a glitter topcoat.


Duochrome glittery goodness without the flash.
I took a picture of Sugarplum Yum before adding the glitter topcoat. Indoors without the flash, it almost looks like a light purple with a pink flash.


With the flash, it's almost like a blue lilac color. Gorgeous!

2 comments:

  1. I don't remember these being sold in a set. I am thinking these were before OPI was going with a lot of things in sets. I know I bought mine just as single bottles out of the display for the holiday shades. These have been really coveted through the years. Mine have held up perfect and were in their time totally unique. I still don't have anything just like this - but I try not to buy things that I know I have something really close that still works well for me.

    ReplyDelete