Monday, December 24, 2012

Some Blue Holiday Combos


I put together a couple of holiday-themed combos using blue. This first one is Amy's Nail Boutique- Frosty layered over OPI- Greece Just Blue Me Away

Amy's Nail Boutique- Frosty is a sheer light blue shimmery base packed with prismatic glitter, and various sizes of white and blue matte glitter. This polish was recently released as part of Amy's holiday collection. 
I used two coats of this and dabbed it around to make sure the coverage of the glitter was even. The formula was great! This mani was appropriate, since it was very cold outside. Amy's Nail Boutique polishes can be purchased from her Etsy shop.

Here is OPI- Greece Just Blue Me Away! before adding Frosty without the flash. It is a sheer light blue shimmer, almost a frost (which is why it paired so nicely with Frosty- get it?) I needed three coats of this in order for it to be opaque. It was a little bit streaky and one of OPI's "black label" formulas that I dustied.

Here it is with the flash. Greece Just Blue Me Away! is from the Spring 2004 Greek Isles collection so it's definitely an oldie. Although this shade is discontinued, it is still fairly easy to find for retail price on Ebay.

My next blue combination is Wet n Wild- Give Me a Price Quote layered over Color Club- Gift of Sparkle. Give Me a Price Quote was released in Wet n Wild's Coloricon Ice Ice Baby collection around the holidays last year.
Give me a price quote is a yellow filled with microglitter and bar glitter.
I only used one coat of it because I didn't want to hide Gift of Sparkle underneath. This would probably take about three coats in order to have full coverage. The bar glitter in this is really small.

Here is Color Club- Gift of Sparkle without the flash. It is a bright blue shimmer. This is part of Color Club's recently-released Winter Affair collection. This one is scented because I bought it at Sally's in an exclusive mini set. As much as I love scented polish, and smelly things in general, I really didn't like the way this smelled at all. It's supposed to smell like vanilla, but it didn't smell like that at all to me. 

Despite the smell not being pleasant, the formula was great. This applied in two even coats.

1 comment: