Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Sally Hansen- White Veil over OPI- Ali's Big Break



Here's a fun Christmas combo! This is Sally Hansen- White Veil layered over OPI- Ali's Big Break. It reminds me either of Santa Claus, snow, or a Christmas ornament.

White Veil was released sometime earlier this year and it is white matte glitter with some gold hexes. It is packed with glitter! I only needed one coat of it. I dabbed it around a little bit in order to make sure it was evenly distributed.
With the flash, you can see how some of the white glitter is transparent. It had a neat effect.
Here is OPI- Ali's Big Break on it's own. This was part of OPI's 2010 Burlesque holiday collection. It is a bright red, with some shimmery glass flecks. These types of reds are somewhat difficult to photograph. You can barely see the glass flecks in this picture. It applied with two coats. It's somewhat sheer and a third coat would have worked, but since I used it as a base color for the glitter, it wasn't necessary.



2 comments:

  1. Good combo - I always thought Alli's Big Break needed something - it's a nice shade but I would put it on and still feel it was lacking over a # of my fav reds be they shimmers or creams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I feel the same way about Ali's Big Break. It's a little bit on the sheer side. I'm glad I chose to pair it with a glitter instead of wearing it alone.

      Delete