Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Deborah Lippmann Edge of Glory Duo

 I have an interesting flakie combo today! This is Deborah Lippmann's Edge of Glory duo which was released during last holiday season and exclusive to Barney's. Deborah Lippmann collaborated with Lady Gaga. Being a fan of Lady Gaga, I just HAD to have this set. When it first came out, it retailed for $45, but I got it on sale for around $20, which is worth it for limited edition Deborah Lippmanns. It consists of a black creme called Edge of Glory base color and the flakie which was called Holographic Edge of Glory. It's actually a flakie instead of a holo, but oh well.
 The flakies consist of primarily blue and red but then they flash green, orange, and yellow. Definitely a spectrum of color! Flakies go so well layered over darker colors. I am wearing two coats of the flakies. They are absolutely GORGEOUS! It has been said that Finger Paints- Motley is a dupe for this. It is probably less expensive, but still a bit challenging to find. I have not worn mine yet, but I am curious to see how similar they are.
I tried not to tilt my hand as much so that you can see most of the blue and red flakies. Love love love! I recently integrated Gelous into my mani routine before adding Seche Vite topcoat, so my nails have not been chipping as much.

Here is Edge of Glory base color before I added the flakies. It's really nothing special; just a standard black creme. It's very glossy though! The application was flawless with two smooth easy coats.

And of course, some new additions:
 From a blog sale: Naturistics Galaxy and Moonbeam Pearl. More vintage gems for my collection!
 Essie Mirrored Metallics- Good as Gold, Blue Rhapsody, and Nothing Else Metals
My Zoya BOGO order came in. Top row: Tracie, Meg, and Edyta. Bottom row: Astra, Paloma, and Feifei

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is an amazingly fiery flakie--the colours are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Normally I would rush to get these Deb Lip flaky - but I have so many combos now with owning all the sought after Finger Paints flakies that came out right after Christmas 2011, other then picking up the Zoya flakies I have not looked too much at others now. This one is really pretty however. Nice Zoya picks - I need Feifei big time.

    ReplyDelete