Sunday, September 16, 2012

Some Early Halloween Polishes

I have two halloween-themed polishes to show today. I'll start with Pretty & Polished- Candy Corn. It i from this years Hella Wicked collection. It is a color-changing polish. It changes even more than other mood polishes that I own. It is very sensitive to temperature. I am amazed by this! It's orange for cold temperatures and turns yellow when it's warmer.
 Here's a picture where it leans more yellow, but still has the color-changing gradient effect. Candy corn is a jelly, so I applied three coats.
 At this particular moment I was cold, so it was all orange. The orange in this is more red-orange.
When I was warm, they were all yellow. Although it's a pretty yellow jelly, my nails are so stained that they look dirty under this! I assure that's just staining. I like this shade the best when it has the gradient effect between the yellow and the orange. Color changing polishes can be purchased via the Pretty & Polished etsy shop. I know I will probably order more eventually. They were so neat!

The next polish I have to show wasn't as neat.
 This is a vintage Wet n Wild Fantasy Makers polish. It's called Shinin'. I'm not sure what year it's from. It appears to be a pretty blue, but it's really just blue shimmer particles in a sheer gray base. The base was super sheer! I am wearing FOUR coats here! It probably would have been more ideal to layer it over another polish, but since the base was tinted gray, I didn't really know what to layer it over. Probably another gray would be the most compatible. The formula was so thin and streaky too. 
 In a picture with the flash, you can see how it's just blue shimmer particles in a gray base.
I wanted to like this polish, and I do enjoy the color, but the formula was just soooo bad. Look at my tips! That's shrinkage from the Seche Vite. I had to remove this after a day of wear because it bothered me so much. It also took very long to dry. Maybe I'll try layering it over another shade in the future, but for now, I just wanted to be done with it.

And of course, there are some new additions and hauls!
 I participated in another secret swap in one of my local facebook groups. I got some sweet goodies from Jodi! Wet n Wild- Hollywood Walk of Fame, China Glaze- I'm Not Lion, China Glaze- Deviantly Daring, OPI- Gargantuan Green Grape, Venique minis- Havanah Glam, Side Walk Surfer, Pump up the Jam, and Ga-Lashes Glow. I also got a mini bottle of CND- Solar Oil (which smells like delicious almonds!), a nail polish ring, two pairs of earrings, and Cadberry Screme eggs!! I should use cuticle oil more often, but a lot of the time I don't like the smell of most brands, so I'll probably use the CND solar oil frequently because I love the smell.
 I did some damage at Sephora today. They had the Sephora by OPI Betsey Johnson collection polishes on sale for $5 so I picked up Alley Cat, XOX Betsey, and Sparkling Personality. I've been lemming the Nails Inc Sprinkles for a long time, so I finally caved in and bought them. These are my first Nails Ince polishes! I purchased Sugar House Lane, Topping Lane, and Pudding Lane. I would have gotten Sweets Way also, but it was sold out.
My goodies from the ULTA BOGO Butter Londons were Lillibet's Jubilee and Trustafarian.

2 comments:

  1. candy corn is awesome!! thought it was a gradient. I rec trying lillibet's jubilee soon..its in my top 10 i think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing!! I can't wait to get other color-changing polishes. They really look like gradients! Lillibet's Jubilee looks stunning. I'm eager to try it.

      Delete