Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Manis from the Week

Here are the manis from this week.
First up is OPI- Teenage Dream. This was released in the January 2011 Katy Perry collection.
Teenage dream is a light pink shimmery base filled with prismatic glitter. It is quite sheer and needed three coats in order to be opaque.
Here is a picture I took in the car.
I took a blurred picture to show the spectrum of color. It's gorgeous!

Next is a combination of Sinful Colors- Bikini topped off with All That Glitters- Hole Hearted. This is definitely an early Valentine's day mani!
Hole Hearted is filled with different sizes of matte black hex glitter and white hearts. I just dispersed the glitter in a random pattern, and it just required one coat dabbed around. I had no problem getting the white hearts out of the bottle. I had the bottle upside-down beforehand. All That Glitters recently released a limited edition collection for this Valentine's Day, so don't forget to check out the Etsy shop! Polishes retail for $8.00

Here's a picture of Sinful Colors- Bikini before I added Hole Hearted. This is a bright pink neon shimmer. I needed two coats of this in order to be solid, and it tried to a satin-like finish due to the neon.
Here it is with the flash. It's bright! I don't know much about Sinful Colors collections, but I believe that this shade is older because the label is different than the recent Sinful Colors shades I have purchased.
Next is a green layering combo. This is OPI- Call My Cell-ery layered over OPI- Fiercely Fiona. I have never eaten pea soup, but this combination reminds me of it.

Call My Cell-ery is an older "black label" shade and it was from the summer 2006 Brights collection. This polish is so sheer, that I would not recommend wearing it alone. It added an extra bit of green shimmer to Fiercely Fiona. I only am wearing one coat of it.

Before layering, this is Fiercely Fiona alone. It was released in the Summer 2010 Shrek collection. It is a yellow green creme. This picture was taken indoors without the flash. I had some formula issues with this one. It was very streaky and took three coats in order to be completely opaque. It took a while for it to dry completely also.

This looks more green with the flash. This shade is very similar to China Glaze- Electric Pineapple.

Last is OPI- You Don't Know Jacques Suede. The suedes were released in fall of 2009. You Don't Know Jacques is a medium brown shimmer, that dries to a suede finish. A suede is pretty much a shimmery matte, but I have found that these wear much better than the OPI Mattes.

This applied pretty smoothly, since matte/suede-finishes are fast-drying and require quick application. It only required two coats, and the finish wasn't bumpy at all. This polish chipped after a day, but that is characteristic of these finishes. 

This picture was taken in artificial lighting without the flash. 

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe I passed up on both my chances to get hole hearted. It is so gorgeous! Great manis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's in the shop now! http://www.etsy.com/listing/96514334/hole-hearted-black-and-white-heart-nail
      Stock up :)

      Delete