Saturday, July 21, 2012

Turtle Man Inspired Mani

Lately, my fiance and I have been obsessed with the show on Animal Planet called The Call of the Wildman. It is a reality show about this backwoods guy called "Turtle Man", who specializes in capturing animals with his bare bands! My fiance chose a combination of turtle-themed colors. I'm referring to it as The TurtleMANicure. This is China Glaze- Mahogany Magic topped off with OPI- Shatter the Scales. This picture was taken without the flash, by a window in rainy weather. 
Here's a picture with the flash. I actually really liked this combination together. I wasn't sure if it was going to work at first. The brown looks much lighter with the flash, and the first picture without the flash was actually more accurate as to how this looks in person. The color combination was very subtle. I just love the Shatter the Scales! It's from OPI's Amazing Spiderman collection that was recently released in May. It's a dark green shimmer.
Here's China Glaze- Mahogany Magic before I added the shatter (and before clean-up). This is from China Glaze's spring Hunger Games collection. The formula was nice and it was opaque with two coats.  This picture is with the flash. I am really not a fan of this color by itself since it kind of reminds me of poo. This was a lighter brown creme. I like tans because they match my skin tone, and I like deep chocolate browns like OPI- Suzi Loves Cowboys for example, but browns in-between, I'm not really a fan. The compulsion to own the entire Hunger Games collection was the main reason that I purchased this polish.

Here's some nail mail over the past week:
 Lacquistry- Golf Shorts and Etude House- WH012
Some vintage Naturistics: Midnight Creme, Starlight, Ice Blue Pearl and Icicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment