Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Color Club- Worth the Risque

 Over the weekend I wore Color Club- Worth the Risque from the Spring 2009 Femme Fatale collection. It is a silver holo. I have tried out this polish before by dotting with it. You can see that mani here.
 Worth the Risque was much more holo than I was expecting it to be, but it isn't exactly a linear holo. I own a few silver holos, and this is one of my favorites. Most holos are hard-to-find or expensive, but this one was pretty accessible.  I believe I only paid $4 on it on ebay when I got it about 6 months ago. One of Worth the Risque's silver holo cousins is OPI- DS Coronation. Even though you can see some spectrums of color in Coronation, Worth the Risque is much more prismatic! (Plus it is less expensive and easier to find.)
 The formula was good for a holo. I applied three coats to achieve opacity. Holo polishes are usually very thin and have the tendency to chip quickly. This one didn't do that!
I'm glad I was able to get some good sun pictures of this!

5 comments:

  1. gorgeous! looks like you have the good version :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet! I had no idea that there were multiple versions of this! I will love this on even more then :)

      Delete
  2. I need to adjust my screen to see the holo well in this one - sort of can see it now. Do agree with you that OPI DS Coronation is more a sliver with little prismatic holo in that one. But the formula on Coronation is really good. I have trouble with some CC formulas like this (and Revolution and some of the foils) with chipping. You surely got a good buy sounds like from ebay for an older, often harder to find shade. I so rarely get to see any of the Color Club polishes. No one sells them for hundreds of miles around me. Sad as I read of folks that can pick them up at their grocery stores and local drug stores. Only time I have ever seen then in a store was last holiday with a few that were exclusive to Sally's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really see a lot of Color Clubs around where I live either except for Sally's that one time. I did see a few at a CVS from their summer collection, but I really wasn't interested in those shades. I also saw past collections at Ross before. Most of them I just order from Trans Design or Ebay. A grocery store where I live has OPI though! I do agree that OPI- DS Coronation has a much better formula. I remember it wearing well without chips. My nails feel so unprotected with holos because they are so thin! I'm wearing China Glaze- It's My Turn at the moment, and it already has a few chips out of it.

      Delete
  3. I have this and it really is so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete