Monday, July 30, 2012

Green with Gold Glitter


Over the weekend I wore Zoya- Evvie topped off with Stila- City Lights. Zoya Evvie is from this fall's NYFW Designer collection, but it was released earlier this year in the limited edition Peter Som gift box. I do not know if City Lights is from a collection since it is in a mini bottle.

 These two shades were a great combination together. Green and gold usually look nice paired.
City Lights was a prismatic gold glitter. I only layered one coat of it over Evvie. In this blurred picture, you can see the different colors the glitter reflects.
 I took a couple pictures of Evvie before I layered City Lights over it. This is with the flash. Here it looks almost like a muted greenish gray, but it's much more green.
Without the flash, it is pretty accurate how this color looks in low lighting. The gold glitter brightened it up a lot though so that it didn't look as dark. Evvie is a pretty dark grayed green with some blue hints to it. It is definitely a fall color, but I'll wear those year-round. It also applied flawlessly with two coats.

I got some more epic nail mail for my birthday!!!
 I am in a local swap group on facebook and we participated in a secret swap. Sara from Spicey'z Nails was my partner. She sent me some sweet polish plus tons of goodies!! I got Hits-Afterglow, Essie- Mojito Madness, Sally Hansen- Purple Pizzazz, and a mini of Color Club-Wicked Sweet (which I hear smells like blue raspberry)
I also found a blog sale with some awesome vintage gems!! Here's Mary Kay- Mulberry Spice and Mocha Freeze, Maybelline- Ultra Violet and Terra Cotta, Wet n Wild- Black Ice and 428B, MAC-Butter, Sally Hansen- Purple Power and Lime Pop, and Wet n Wild- Love Affair

1 comment:

  1. always love green & gold, evvie is gorgeous. Loveee the new vintage polishes!

    ReplyDelete